It’s summer and school will be here before you know it. Now’s the perfect time to start your scholarship search. Use your free time and devote a few hours a week to search for scholarships. With college tuition rates rising faster than inflation, any scholarships you find will pay off!
We know exactly how to search for scholarships can seem daunting and time consuming. To make your search easier, we’ve listed our favorite scholarship search sites and a few noteworthy scholarships from each one:
Zinch and Chegg have partnered together to provide students with scholarships and information on internships, colleges, study advice, and it’s even a database to buy cheap textbooks online; what a great site for everything! Here are a few of their featured scholarships:
- Zinch + Chegg $1,000 scholarship for textbooks – Write a short essay about someone that inspires you. Deadline: July 1st, 2015
- IP Video Contest $5,000 – Submit an original video on the importance of the patent system. Deadline: August 1st, 2015
- CaptainU $2,000 Student Athlete Scholarship – Set up an athletic recruiting profile and be entered for the chance to win this scholarship. Deadline: June 30th, 2015
- Chegg $2,000 Summer Scholarship – Complete a sentence about what your summer will be like. Deadline: August 31st, 2015
Niche is a great website to make a profile where you can look up college reviews, find new colleges, and have a convenient search tool for scholarships. Check out these notable scholarships:
- Niche $2,000 Monthly “No Essay” Scholarship – Simply fill out the form provided to enter this scholarship offered monthly. Deadline: End of each month
- $500 School Pride Scholarship – Complete a short entry form to find out where your high school ranks, then share if for a chance to win. Deadline: June 30th, 2015.
- $1000 Gen and Kelly Tanabe Student Scholarship – Fill out an online form and write a short essay to be enter into the running for this scholarship. Deadline: July 31st, 2015
ScholarshipExperts have merged with Unigo to create a place for students, providing help getting to college, discovering ways to pay for it, and help on what to do while in and out of college. Check out some of their scholarships offered:
- ScholarshipExperts + Unigo $1,500 Do-Over Scholarship – Write about a moment you wish you could do over, explain why. Deadline: June 30th, 2015
- $100-$500 Goedeker’s College Scholarship – Short essay required and application for high school seniors. Deadline: July 30th, 2015
- $1,500 Flavor of the Month Scholarship – Describe yourself as a unique ice cream flavor for this fun scholarship that encourages creativity. Deadline: July 30th, 2015
CKSF is a foundation that gives monthly scholarships to students with interests ranging from biology and chemistry to banking. Their featured scholarships:
- $100 Common Knowledge Scholarship, Summer 2015 – Complete questionnaire about various topics and receive points, the highest score will win. Deadline: August 15th, 2015
- $250 High School Chemistry Scholarship – Scholarship rounds that are a great tool as well, for studying for the AP Chemistry Exam. Deadline: November 29th, 2015
- $250 National Auto Math Challenge Scholarship – Math questions bases on the purchase of a first car in rounds. Deadline: October 30th, 2015
DoSomething.org has a variety of activities that reward students with money for school by completing campaigns around their community such as making a banner for a veteran, baking cookies for the local fire department, or hosting a trash free tailgate to promote reducing waste; all to inspire social change by young people. Check out some of the what they have to offer below:
- $5,000 Backseat Adivser – Give your friends some tips on how to combat texting and driving with this $5,000 scholarship. Deadline: August 31st, 2015.
- $10,000 Happy Howlidays – Help spread awareness for people adopting pets from shelters and be entered to win this scholarship. Deadline: December 31st, 2015
- $10,000 Thumb Wars – Be mindful of your friends and send them some thumb socks to remind them to not text and drive. Deadline: August 31st, 2015
Last but definitely not least, don’t forget about our $500 monthly scholarship sponsored by Upromise!
Yes, the scholarship hunt may seem a little overwhelming and tough to tackle but make sure to spread them out over the course of several weeks. Also, make sure to write down scholarship deadlines by recording them in a calendar app, writing them out in a notebook, or using a planner to keep things organized. Lastly, don’t forget to utilize your resources at school; talk to counselors to get more information on scholarships offered and do some research on your own.
Happy scholarship hunting!