Did you know in 2012 education was a top degree, with 106,000 bachelor’s degrees and 178,000 master’s?
That’s a lot of teaching degrees! Are you thinking of following this path? Whether you’re currently an education major or still pondering the thought of becoming a teacher – Here are some things to know about becoming a teacher!
1. According to the US Department of Education, 1.6 million new teachers in the U.S. will be needed over the next 10 years! The demand for teaching positions is here. Will you be one to fulfill it?
2. Hopefully, we’ve all at some point encountered a teacher we’ve connected with. Wouldn’t you want to bring that feeling to a new generation of students? Teaching is one of the most impactful, rewarding careers you can have. Here are 21 inspirational reasons why you should be a teacher.
3. Staying in school longer will pay off. Earning a graduate degree over a bachelor’s will make you more competitive in the job market, as well earn you a higher salary. Plus, wouldn’t you want to be better prepared to pass on your knowledge to those young minds? If you’re considering earning your master’s degree here are some school to consider! Or if you’re still looking for an undergrad program check out these schools.
4. Every state has its own teacher credential exam requirements. You will most likely have to pass a basic skills exam and a subject assessment, depending on what subject and grade you want to teach. You may also be required to take additional exams, depending on your state’s regulations. Visit your state’s Department of Education to learn about your state’s exam requirements and visit the Praxis, CSET, CBEST, RICA, CPACE and OAE info pages on TeachersTestPrep.com for a helpful overview of these teacher certification exams. To learn more about the steps to becoming a teacher in your state, click here.
5. To be successful on these exams, you should start preparing as early as possible. Begin by reviewing a free Study Guide and taking a free full-length Practice Test. After you take the test, you can see the answers you got wrong as well as a breakdown by domain of your strengths and weaknesses, so you can study the areas that will benefit you most.
If you find you need additional help, Teachers Test Prep also offers a variety of paid services including Prep Classes taught by live instructors, one-on-one Tutoring with test experts, and On-Demand Online Prep that allows you to learn the same content you would in the live classes from the convenience of home by watching videos and taking interactive practice tests.
Teachers are an amazing and indispensable resource. Now that you’re armed with information, will you continue to pursue the chance to form the next generation of young minds?
Love our blog? Like us on Facebook for more!