Back to school season is fast approaching and as school begins to get underway there is something everyone thinks about, what to wear! Fashion is a big industry that encompasses everything from jeans to accessories to blazers. Therefore, one must think about what they will wear to start off the new year; it can be a hard decision to choose clothing but luckily here are some tips to make it easier this school season.
Tip #1: Pick one favorite piece of clothing and build from there!
– Choosing a favorite piece of clothing can be hard in a sea of clothes but stick with a shirt that makes you feel good, a skirt that looks just right or jeans that leave you smiling. From there add a basic, neutral, or bright accents pieces to accentuate your favorite piece. Staple items are the ones you can combine with anything, making 5 different outfits with one item. Oak 73 has some great staple pieces such as this cute dove patterned silk shirt, paired with this fun emerald green pencil skirt for an edgier look or with your favorite classic jeans for more comfort and casual style. Basic tee’s are another must have item in your closet, take a look at some of these classic Oak 73 tee’s that you can pair with shorts, jeans, skirts and throw in a blazer or scarf for added fun!
– There are many ways to stay with the times and making your style jump out while making it unique to your taste.Have some fun wearing bold colors such as these full of color orange patterned pants paired with a basic white tee or make a statement with this bold metallic Geo Blazer that goes perfect with some classic black skinnies. Find something that speaks to who you are and rock it, get creative with what you wear!
Tip #3: Accessorize?
– Isn’t it fun being able to mix and match things with clothes, letting people figure out your awesome personality and creative style. However, don’t’ forget to accessorize! You can make some outfits feel more complete with the right accessory, it could even be something as simple as a bag. Choose a small pouch, a classic tote, or a clutch, whatever matches your style best! You can go with an eye-catching pattern or with a neutral color, Oak 73 will no doubt have the best choice for you!
– Denim, yes please. Finding the right pair of jeans is always a staple to any wardrobe. Therefore investing in a quality jean is a must have whether it be a pair of black skinnies, a light wash, or a distressed pair. Have a look at this subtle blue patterned pants, simple to pair with a classic shirt making a fun dressed up without really trying! If you’re looking for more color check out these multi-colored skinnies, definite making a fun statement! Remember to change it up, denim doesn’t have to be boring!
Tip #5: Who says it has to match
– From early on it is ingrained in our minds that the clothes we wear need to match. While this is usually a good guideline, it can really limit the possibilities. It’s totally acceptable to have a pop of color, so throw in a bright colored blazer on an all-black outfit or a leopard print shirt with some patterned jeans as well. Find out what you like, what works for you and wear it proudly!
Now armed with bits of advice the journey is up to you. Construct outfits with statement bags, bold colors combined with neutral tones. Remember to not worry too much though, wear what gives you confidence and don’t be afraid to get creative, dress for yourself.
Don’t you wish you could go back to school with some of these trendy Oak73 clothes? Enter our #Back2SchoolStyle Labor Day giveaway to win a $250 gift card to Oak73!