So its summer and you want to go to the beach, but you also want to not just sit around on the beach and do nothing. Well, there are plenty of things you can do in order to make the most out of any beach trip whether its just for a day or you are going to be there for a entire weekend.
1. Beach Games: Get a Tan and Have Fun At The Same Time
– Cornhole: A great and easy game to play on the beach. Throw beanbags into the otherteams hole for points.
How to DYI – Create a small, slanted area in the sand with a hole near the top. The holes need to be 27ft apart. Then just use some kind of ball or small bag (maybe old hacky sacks you have lying around) to play. Click here for the official rules.
– Ultimate Frisbee: Throw a frisbee down the field in order to reach the end zone (it’s like football meets freeze tag!).
How to DIY – Make a field any size you want with two areas that are endzones and with out of bounds areas. For the rules of the game, click here.
– Ladder Toss: Throw bolas (two balls attached by a rope) at a game ladder. Try to get them to stay on a ring of the ladder for points.
This is one game where you can’t really make it yourself but don’t let that deter you – This game is fun for everyone and you can keep it for summers to come!
2. Relax In The Water Or Catch A Gnarly Wave
One of the best parts of going to the beach is the water and the waves. There’s nothing better than on a hot day going swimming in some cool, refreshing water. But if you are not just content with floating around, there a a few things you can do in the water.
– Body Surfing: A fun and cheap way to enjoy the waves. Simply follow this guide and you will be riding the waves like a pro.
– Surfing: You will need to rent or borrow a board but surfing is a awesome way to spend a day at the beach.
– Paddleboarding: You will also need to borrow or rent one of these. This is a more relaxing and chill thing to do at the beach but a great workout!
3. So You Think You Can Craft: Sea Shell and Sea Glass Edition
One of the things you will find most at the beach besides sunburned people are seashells and sea glass. These can be collected and used to make really awesome and cool crafts, jewelry, and decorations for your current or future dorm room! Check out some ideas on our Pinterest board.
4. Save Some Money And Picnic At The Beach
After all of these activities, you will undoubtedly get hungry at the beach be starving! Beach food can be really expensive or even non existent depending on what beach you are on. Bringing food for a picnic can be a fun activity for you and friends while on the beach. Some food ideas for a picnic are:
– Chips and dip (Guacamole, Salsa, etc.)
– Homemade popsicles
– Fresh ice tea or lemonade
For more yummy beach food ideas check out our Pinterest board.
5. End Your Day With An Awesome Bonfire At Sunset
If you find yourself on a beach around sunset and you’re tired but still want to have fun, sitting around a bonfire is a great way to end a great summer day. You can make s’mores and just relax with friends and family. Just make sure you are on a beach where it is allowed and that you are careful around the fire.
Love our blog? Like us on facebook to get all of our fun education tips!